How can I contest a citation?

A person who receives a traffic ticket from a West Fargo police officer may contest it by requesting a court date. They then must post bail in the amount of the citation at the West Fargo Municipal Court within 14 days of receiving the citation. The court clerk will assign a court date to appear and you can plead your case before a judge and question the officer. If the judge rules in your favor, the bail will be refunded to the appropriate parties. Failure to appear for the requested trial will result in the bond being applied to the citation, resolving the case.

For further information you can contact the West Fargo Municipal Court.

Show All Answers

1. How do I post bail for someone?
2. How can I contest a citation?
3. How do I pay a parking ticket?
4. How do I pay a traffic ticket/citation?
5. How do I apply for a court appointed attorney?
6. How does a citation affect my drivers license?
7. How do I provide proof of insurance?
8. How do I contact the city prosecutor?
9. How do I request certified copies?
10. What are my rights?