Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Beginning Monday, May 11, the West Fargo Public Library now offers no-contact curbside material pickup. Patrons can pick up held items including books, audiobooks, DVDs and music CDs. Below is the procedure for this new curbside pickup service.
1. Patrons can place holds via My Library Account, over the phone at 701-551-8940 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Patrons are able to choose specific materials to be held, or discuss their needs with a librarian for assistance. While browsing the library is impossible at this time, librarians are available to "browse" for patrons. For example, if a child has an interest in books with dogs in them, a librarian could choose a number of books featuring dogs for that child.
2. After submitting a hold request, patrons must call 701-551-8940 to select an appointment time to pick up their items. Curbside pickup is available from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. More detail will be made available to patrons upon making an appointment for pickup.
3. The pickup process will include no physical contact between staff and patrons. A staff person will place the items on a table outside the entrance of the West Fargo Public Library. Patrons will then grab their items after the staff person has returned inside the building.
During this time, items can only be returned using the book drop near the library entrance. All due dates for materials have been extended until June 10, 2020.
The following services will NOT be available during this time
• Paying fines
• Copying and printing, faxing, scanning, etc.
• Interlibrary loan
• Notary services
• Applications for full-access library cards (Patrons can still apply for e-cards, which grant access to the many digital resources and electronic materials found at www.westfargolibrary.org.)