Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
On March 16, 2020, I declared a state of emergency within the City of West Fargo as a result of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (“COVID-19”) pandemic. North Dakota Governor Doug Burgum previously declared a statewide state of emergency on March 13, 2020, and since that time, Governor Burgum has issued a number of executive orders that include:
The City of West Fargo acknowledges and appreciates the sacrifice these businesses, employees, and other workers are making in order to stem the tide of COVID-19 cases, as the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths continue to rise in the world, the nation and the state, including the City of West Fargo. Each resident, each adult, each child, each family, each business, and each store—must do more. As a community, we must do our part to reduce the spread of this deadly COVID-19 disease and, therefore, I am issuing this directive.
NOW, THEREFORE, I DO HEREBY DECLARE:
1. All West Fargo residents, families, businesses, and property owners are reminded of Governor Burgum’s urgent request to “Stay Home, Stay Healthy and Stay Connected.”
2. All West Fargo residents are directed to use appropriate social distancing practices endorsed by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), including the following:
3. Businesses. Whenever practical, encourage remote working (tele-work) from home. As a business, adopt practices for social distancing and other healthy practices such as regular cleaning of surfaces that are touched by business patrons, employees, or customers.
4. Retail businesses. Retail stores and other businesses that accept customer traffic into their buildings, structures, or other enclosed areas are urgently encouraged and directed to incorporate the following practices:
5. The City of West Fargo will be working in close collaboration with the West Fargo Park District to encourage impactful and innovative approaches to discourage social congregation on its equipment and premises.
6. This directive shall remain in effect until the underlying state of emergency has ended.
THIS DIRECTIVE is issued this 7 day of April, 2020.