City of West Fargo administration has reviewed its current response to the COVID-19 crisis as it pertains to building inspection procedures. It has been determined that the City of West Fargo will attempt to conduct on site framing and final inspections consistent with the procedure set forth below. These inspections must be determined to be essential or critical and determination of whether an inspection is essential or critical will be taken by the City and not by individual inspectors. This procedure is not intended to normalize the City inspection process during this state of emergency as City Hall remains closed and inspectors are working remotely. Therefore, all contractors, homeowners and developers should plan for delays and must closely adhere to the following procedure or risk not having an inspection performed. The City of West Fargo is taking care of existing permits and no new permits are being issued at this time.
The following requirements must be adhered in order for inspections to be completed:
• All framing & final inspections requests must be sent in an email format to
• Each request must list the address, date of when inspections is to be completed by and any special conditions that may be present or needs special attention.
• Please allow 2 days lead time, especially for any corrections that may be needed.
• Do not expect a CO on the same day a final inspection is completed.
• All work sites need to be vacated by all persons on site and no work can be in progress while we are on site.
• Someone from the inspections department will call whomever requested the inspections and ask questions prior to the inspections being completed. If the city determines that the answers were not sufficiently answered, there are workers on site and/or if the inspector deems the site unsafe, the inspections will not be completed.
The City of West Fargo will re-evaluate these requirements weekly to ensure the safety of its employees.