As part of the Online Dakota Information Network (ODIN), the West Fargo Public Library and other ODIN-member libraries will transition to a new library management software and public access catalog in early December 2019. As part of this transition, the Library cannot accept interlibrary loan requests, which are borrower requests for items owned by other libraries, from Nov. 15 to Dec. 31, 2019. Patrons can still check out items owned by the West Fargo Public Library during that time.
A number of new and enhanced library features will be available to West Fargo Public Library patrons once the software transition is complete. Soon, cardholders will be able to:
- Obtain automatic renewals on certain materials.
- Choose to receive notices and receipts via text-messaging.
- Easily place holds on items owned by other libraries.
- Save personalized searches and get email notifications when items matching these criteria are added to the Library’s collection.
- Mark and save customized item lists for future use.
The Fargo Public Library is not a member of ODIN and will not be affected by this transition.