- Public Library
- About the Library
- Friends of the Library
Looking for a great way to support your community? Consider volunteering and becoming a Friend of the West Fargo Public Library. We have a number of ways to get involved, from serving as a guest reader for the Little Red Reading Bus to helping straighten books on our shelves (and everything in between!) Fill out our Volunteer Interest Form or read on for more information. We can't wait to work with you.
Who are the Friends?
Each volunteer at the West Fargo Public Library is automatically a member of the Friends of the West Fargo Public Library, which is a non-profit organization that supports the library. Every minute spent volunteering and every dollar raised by this group supports thousands of people in West Fargo through the West Fargo Public Library's hundreds of services and programs.
Examples of programs and services supported by the Friends:
- the West Fargo Public Library's Summer Boost program
- the metro's One Book, One Community program
- the library's mobile library program, the Little Red Reading Bus of West Fargo
Examples of volunteer opportunities include:
- serving as an officer of the Friends of the Library and/or attending meetings to help make decisions
- helping at events, fundraisers and book sales
- assisting with library programs by serving as an adult technology coach or helping put together craft, activity or resource kits
- assisting with youth and senior outreach efforts
- helping organize donated items and/or assisting with shelving, organizing items in the library
Monetary contributions to the Friends of the West Fargo Public Library can be made through the FM Area Foundation. Learn more about donating to the Friends of the West Fargo Public Library here.
For inquiries, use our Donation Inquiry Form.
Upcoming Fundraisers and Events
Connect with us on Facebook to be the first to know about upcoming fundraisers, book sales and more.