North Dakota exhibited leadership that truly understands the importance of producing the best business environment, and thus the best opportunities for job growth and economic prosperity.
In the U.S. today, if you combine state, local, and federal taxes, the tax burden on companies is among the highest the world. Add labor costs and we become a nation with one of the highest costs for doing business. American companies, if they are to survive in a global economy, must be located in the most pro-business locations possible.
Real Estate & Facilities
Effective averages for Fargo, North Dakota, according to NAI Global.
Rent / Lease
- $12 to $16.50 per square foot to rent quality office space
- $5.50 to $6.50 per square foot to rent industrial space
Development Land Construction Costs
- $9 to $15 per acre to build in commercial building district
- Constitutionally balance budget
- $1.2 billion surplus
- Person-to-person access to public officials
- Only state-owned bank in the nation offers unique business financing options
- Right-to-work state
In 2015, state legislature lowered top corporate income tax rate from 4.53% to 4.31%.