Identifying Drug Use
I think my neighbor is selling drugs. What should I look for?
- Excessive traffic
- Short visits
- Reoccurring visits from certain individuals or vehicles
- Out of State vehicles
- Traffic coming and going at certain times (daily, weekly or monthly)
- Unsocial able behavior, rarely see a person outside of residence
- Excessive window or door coverings
- Unusual late night behavior
- Never has garbage or trash left out for collection
- Strong chemical type odors coming from vehicles, garages, sheds or houses
What information should I report?
- Note license plate numbers and description of vehicles
- Note the times when traffic may be busiest and how long are they staying
- Note the frequency of reoccurring vehicle
- Note descriptions of individuals coming and going (height, weight, hair color, etc.)
- Note specific information on individuals if you know them (name, address, phone numbers, employer, vehicles, etc.)
- Any information that may deal with possible drug activity
What are the signs and symptoms of methamphetamine use?
- Acne and sores
- Dramatic mood swings and aggressive behavior
- Elevated body temperatures and increased sweating with unusual body odor
- Excessive talking and impaired speech
- Hyperactive behavior
- Loss of appetite and / or weight loss
- Loss of pleasure and severe depression
- Memory loss
- Paranoia and alertness
- Sleep deprivation
- Teeth discoloration or loss of teeth
What do I look for with methamphetamine use?
- Cellophane baggies with corners cut off
- Hollowed out light bulbs and glass tubes (used for smoking)
- Hypodermic needles
- Pen tubes
- Small baggies or containers with rock like or powdery substance
- Small butane torches (heat source for smoking)
- Small scales
- Spoons with burn marks or residue
- Tinfoil with burn marks
What are some signs of marijuana use?
- Altered perceptions
- Dry mouth
- Gain in weight
- Hunger (munchies)
- Impaired short-term memory
- Laughing / giggling
- Red eyes
- Reduced concentration or coordination
What evidence do I look for if someone is using marijuana?
- Cigarette rolling papers (Zigzags)
- Dried plant material
- Pipes or bongs (all shapes and sizes)
- Roach clips (small metal clips)
- Small round seeds (marijuana seeds)
What can I do if I do suspect someone is using drugs? Call a Narcotics Investigator. You can call anonymously.
Cass County Drug Task Force P.O. Box 2665
Fargo, ND 58108-2665
West Fargo Police Department Attention: Narcotics
800 Fourth Ave. E.
West Fargo, ND 58078
Cass County Sheriff's Office Attention: Narcotics
211 Ninth St. S.
Fargo, ND 58103
Fargo Police Department Attention: Narcotics
222 Fourth St. N.
Fargo, ND 58102