- An operational permit is required for the kindling or maintaining of an open fire or a fire on any public street, alley, road, or other public or private ground.
- Application for such approval shall only be presented by, and permits issued to, the owner of the land upon which the fire is to be kindled.
- Where open burning creates or adds to a hazardous situation, or a required permit for open burning has not been obtained, the fire code official is authorized to order the extinguishment of the open burning operation.
- Persons who shall violate a provision of this code or shall fail to comply with any of the requirements thereof shall be guilty of violating the requirements and shall be punishable by fine.
Open Burning Permit Application
- The location for open burning shall be not less than 50ft from any structure, and provisions shall be made to prevent the fire from spreading to within 50 feet of any structure.
- Open burning shall be constantly attended until the fire is extinguished. A minimum of one portable fire extinguisher or other approved on-site fire extinguishing equipment shall be available for immediate utilization.