You must have your Parade Entry in by September 5th, 2016.
There is limited space available so sign up soon to insure your spot! No same day registration!
We are as excited about this year’s parade as you are! This year’s lineup features many local business and organizations showing off their creativity and talent
- The route will start on Sheyenne Street at 2nd Avenue and will end on Sheyenne Street and 10th Avenue. See Map for more details!
- The parade will begin moving at 11:30 am with a start time of 12:00 pm (Noon) sharp on to Sheyenne Street.
- Parade will end around 1:30 pm.
The West Fest Parade begins at 12:00 pm (Noon) sharp at Sheyenne Street & 2nd Avenue and continues south to Sheyenne Street and 10th Avenue East. The parade will start moving at 11:30 and be on Sheyenne Street at noon. The parade will last for about 1 ½ hours.
While watching the parade, enjoy the flavors from the many food vendors located in the area of Sheyenne Street and 4th Avenue.
The official parade announcer will be at Sheyenne Street and 4th Avenue joined by the Grand Marshal. The Grand Marshal this year is Roy Schatschneider.
Floats are organized at the Lodoen Center (West Fargo Public Library) in the area of 3rd Street and 2nd Avenue East and return to the same location after the parade
- Parade entry deadline September 5th, 2016
There is limited space available to sign up soon to insure your spot! No same day registration!
2016 PARADE RULES AND REGULATIONS
The West Fest Parade is one of the largest parades in the State. It is a great opportunity to connect with the public and get the name of your organization/business out into the community. Our parade showcases businesses and non-profits from many area towns. The West Fest Parade is the most widely attended event out of an entire weekend of festivities. Sign up and be a part of the fun!
Parade registration is a base fee based on 1 unit per entry.
- The line-up for the parade will be done as you arrive for the parade.
- Line-up will begin at 9:00 Am at 4th Street and 4th Avenue near the Lodoen Center in West Fargo.
- NO ONE will be allowed to line up before 9:00 am.
- Once you are in line, you will not be allowed to leave your vehicle/float unattended.
- Your vehicle needs to be fueled and ready to go before entering the parade line-up.
- You need to have purchased your candy ahead of time.
- The parade will begin moving at 11:30 am with a start time of 12:00 pm (NOON).
- The parade route will begin at the corner of 3rd Street and 2nd Avenue and will go to Sheyenne Street then to 10th Avenue and end at 2nd Street.
- Oversized units will be lined up at Sheyenne and Main. You will be contacted with specific line-up instructions.
PARADE LINE-UP SECTIONS
- The Parade line-up is divided into two sections: SPONSORED and GENERAL.
- The SPONSORED section Contains: City Officials, Elected Government Officials and Sponsors ONLY. They will lead the parade.
- The previous year’s BEST IN THEME winner will be placed at the end of the reserved section.
- The General section contains all other entries.
- All entries will be given a unit number to be displayed in the right corner of each window.
- Drivers must stay with your entry at all times. No Exceptions.
- During the parade, please allow 20’ between each entry.
- This is a family event. No alcohol will be permitted in staging area or on parade route by entries or parade attendees.
- All horses will be required to wear a diaper for the safety of those who follow.
- PLEASE NOTE: parade officials will be watching to ensure that the units with horses comply with this requirement.
We DO NOT want children running in the street between parade units or toward parade units. THIS MUST BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. Thank you for your cooperation.
- In order to ensure the safety of children and other parade entries, each unit MUST have one or more walkers per side of the float to give candy to spectators.·
- We ask that the candy be thrown to the curb.·
- If the float does not comply with these requirements, or if the walker does not appear to be doing his/her part, the float will be asked to discontinue throwing candy for the remainder of the parade.·
- If we see candy thrown from your vehicle, we will prohibit you from entering the parade in the future years. ·
- DO NOT distribute items from the tailgate of a vehicle.
POLITICIANS-POLITICAL ENTRIES *MUST READ*
- If you are CURRENTLY in an elected office, then you will be placed in the sponsored section. You MUST be in the current title and not running for a newly elected office or campaigning to keep your current office. There will be no exceptions!
- No campaign signs for other offices are allowed in the sponsored section.
- Your signs must only recognize the name and office of the current title holding politician.·
- All those running or looking to change political offices will be placed in the GENERAL section on a first come, first serve basis.·
- All political individuals MUST pay at the $50.00 non-profit level.
- We ask that you limit your short performance to ONE along the route, preferably in front of the reviewing stand.·
Our primary concern is to keep the parade moving, we want to avoid any pauses in the parade route over a minute in duration.
PRIZES & JUDGING
- By entering the parade you will automatically be signed up for entry in our contest for cash prizes. BEST OF THEME Award wins $1,000.00, MAYOR’S CHOICE Award wins $500.00, or COMMUNITY PRIDE Award wins $500.00.
- Judging of entries will take place on September 17th at 10:30 am.
- Winners will be presented with a poster to place on their entry prior to the parade.
- Winners will receive special recognition in front of the grandstand.