West Fest is an annual community celebration and the West Fest parade is the most widely attended event out of an entire weekend of festivities. In fact, the West Fest Parade is one of the largest parades in the state. Our parade showcases businesses and nonprofits from West Fargo and the region. It is a great opportunity to connect with the public and get the name of your organization out in the community.
Parade entries are due Sept. 5, 2017. Same day parade registrations are not accepted.
PARADE ENTRY FEES:
- $100 Business
- $50 Nonprofit or political
- $25 additional entries
PARADE ENTRY FORM:
Return completed entry form and payment to: West Fest, 800 Fourth Ave. E, Ste. 1, West Fargo, ND 58078. Credit card payments accepted, however a convenience fee will be applied.
WEST FEST PARADE ENTRY FORM
26th Annual West Fest Community Celebration Parade
Rules and Regulations
ALCOHOL This is a family event. No alcohol will be permitted in staging area or on parade route by entries or parade attendees.
CANDY AND HAND-OUTS In order to ensure the safety of attendees and other parade entries, each unit choosing to provide candy and hand-outs MUST have one or more walkers per side of the float to give candy and hand-outs to the spectators. We ask that the candy be thrown to the curb. If the float does not comply with these requirements, or if the walker does not appear to be doing his/her part, the float will be asked to discontinue for the remainder of the parade. If we see candy thrown from your vehicle, we will prohibit you from entering the parade in future years.
DO NOT distribute items from the tailgate of a vehicle. We DO NOT want children running in the street between parade units--THIS MUST BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS. Thank you for your cooperation.
- All entries will be given a unit number to be displayed in the right corner of each window.
- Drivers must stay with your entry at all times. No Exceptions.
- During the parade, please allow 20’ between each entry.
HORSE UNITS All horses will be required to wear a diaper for the safety of those who follow. Parade officials check to ensure that the units with horses comply with this requirement.
PARADE LINE-UP The parade lineup is done as entries arrive for the parade.
- Line-up begins at 9 a.m. at Fourth Street and Fourth Avenue near the Lodoen Center.
- The parade will begin moving at 11:30 a.m. with a parade start time of noon.
- PLEASE NOTE: NO ONE will be allowed to line up before 9 a.m.
- Once you are in line, you will not be allowed to leave your vehicle/float unattended.
- Your vehicle needs to be fueled and ready to go before entering the parade line-up and you need to have purchased your handouts ahead of time.
- Oversized units will be lined up at Sheyenne Street and Main Avenue. You will be contacted with specific line up instructions.
PARADE LINE-UP SECTIONS The parade lineup is divided into two sections: RESERVED and GENERAL. The RESERVED section leads the parade and contains: City officials, elected government officials, West Fest sponsors and the previous year’s Best in Theme winning organization. The GENERAL section contains all other entries.
PARADE PERFORMANCES To keep the parade moving and eliminate pauses in the parade route over a minute in duration, we ask that you limit your short performance to ONE along the route, preferably in front of the reviewing stand.
PARADE ROUTE The parade route:
- Begins at the corner of Third Street and Second Avenue and head west to Sheyenne Street;
- Travels south on Sheyenne Street to 10th Avenue;
- Turns east on 10th Avenue and ends at Second Street.
POLITCIANS-POLITICAL ENTRIES If you are currently in an elected office then you will be placed in the RESERVED section. You MUST be in the current title and not running for a newly elected office or campaigning to keep your current office. NO EXCEPTIONS!
No campaign signs for other offices are allowed in the reserved section. Your sign must only recognize the name and office of the current title-holding politician. All those running or looking to change political offices will be placed in the general section on a first come, first serve basis. All political individuals MUST pay at the $50 nonprofit level.
PRIZES AND JUDGING By entering the parade you will automatically be signed up for entry in our contest for cash prizes. Judging of entries will take place on Sept. 16 at 10 a.m. in the parade lineup. Winners will be presented with a poster to place on their entry before the parade and will receive special recognition in front of the grandstand.
- BEST OF THEME Award: $1,000
- BEST IN SHOW Award: $1,000
- MAYOR’S CHOICE Award: $500
- COMMUNITY PRIDE Award: $500
The prize checks will be issued after the next commission meeting after the parade.