I think my neighbor is selling drugs. What should I look for?
- Excessive traffic
- Short visits
- Reoccurring visits from certain individuals or vehicles
- Out of State vehicles
- Traffic coming and going at certain times (daily, weekly or monthly)
- Unsocial able behavior, rarely see a person outside of residence
- Excessive window or door coverings
- Unusual late night behavior
- Never has garbage or trash left out for collection
- Strong chemical type odors coming from vehicles, garages, sheds or houses.
What information should I report?
- Note license plate numbers and description of vehicles
- Note the times when traffic may be busiest and how long are they staying.
- Note the frequency of reoccurring vehicle
- -Note descriptions of individuals coming and going (Height, weight, hair color, etc.)
- Note specific information on individuals if you know them. (Name, address, phone numbers, employer, vehicles, etc.)
- Any information that may deal with possible drug activity!
What are the signs and symptoms of Methamphetamine use?
- Loss of appetite and/or weight loss
- Dramatic mood swings and aggressive behavior
- Paranoia and alertness
- Memory loss
- Acne and sores
- Elevated body temperatures and increased sweating with unusual body odor
- Sleep deprivation
- Loss of pleasure and severe depression
- Excessive talking and impaired speech
- Hyperactive behavior
- Teeth discoloration or loss of teeth
What do I look for with Meth use?
- Tinfoil with burn marks
- Pen tubes
- Cellophanes baggies with corners cut off
- Hollowed out light bulbs and glass tubes (used for smoking)
- Small butane torches (heat source for smoking)
- Small scales
- Spoons with burn marks or residue
- Hypodermic needles
- Small baggies or containers with rock like or powdery substance
What are some signs of Marijuana use?
- Altered perceptions
- Red eyes
- Dry mouth
- Reduced concentration or coordination
- Hunger (munchies)
- Gain in weight
- Impaired short-term memory
What evidence do I look for if someone is using Marijuana?
- Cigarette rolling papers (Zigzags)
- Pipes or bongs (all shapes and sizes)
- Roach clips (small metal clips)
- Dried plant material
- Small round seeds (marijuana seeds
What can I do if I do suspect someone using drugs?
Call a Narcotics Investigator. You can call anonymously.
- Cass County Drug Task Force P.O. Box 2665 Fargo ND 58108-2665 701-239-7126
- West Fargo Police Department (Attn: Narcotics) 800 4th Ave E West Fargo ND 58078 701-433-5500
- Cass County Sheriffs Department (Attn: Narcotics) 211 9th St S. Fargo ND 58103 701-241-5800
- Fargo Police Department (Attn: Narcotics) 222 4th St N Fargo ND 58102 701-241-1415