Serving as a link for the economic health of the community, the Economic Development and Community Services Department:
- Works to increase jobs and the tax base by recruiting and retaining businesses through the Business Retention and Expansion Program
- Coordinates efforts between the city and various business organizations, including the North Dakota Department of Commerce, the West Fargo Chamber of Commerce, and the Fargo Cass County Economic Development Corporation.
- Top-notch primary and secondary schools, with over 23,000 college students enrolled in our universities and colleges within the Fargo MSA.
- A knowledgeable workforce - The unemployment rate in the Fargo MSA is 3.1 percent, while elsewhere in North Dakota, rates hover around 4.1 percent.
- Pro-business climate - Low state worker’s compensation and unemployment insurance rates, no sales tax on manufacturing equipment and no personal property taxes.